Frequently Asked Questions
See Event Details for starting times and locations.
- How do I log in to my account?
Click on My Account in the left navigation, and log in with your user name and password.
- I forgot my Username and Password.
Remember that your username and password are case sensitive. If you have forgotten your user name or password, you can request a reminder. If you still have problems, please contact us for help.
- How do I change my Username and/or Password?
First, login to the site using your username and password. Once logged in click on the link at the top of the page called "Click here to edit your account." Once in your profile, you will be able to change your contact information, e-mail address, username and password. All changes will be made to your account immediately. There is no need to sign in again.
- How do I unsubscribe from e-mail?
Towards the bottom of each e-mail message there is an Unsubscribe link. Click this link and follow the instructions given to unsubscribe.
- What is a Personal Page?
A personal page is an online promotional tool for your use when asking your friends and family to join your team or sponsor you by making a donation. Once you sign up for an event online, by default, you will have a personal page created for you. You have the option of personalizing this page by going to your Participant Center. You will be able to customize images, text and the style/color layout of the page.
- By default I have a personal page, do I have to change it?
A compelling personal page attracts and engages supporters. While you can spread the word using customized e-mail solicitations, your personal campaign page can be your own creative expression of your commitment to the cause. Customize your page by selecting the layout and style that work best for you. Utilize the elements of text, photo and status indicators to their fullest advantage.
- How do I change my personal fundraising goal?
First, you will need to login to your Participant Center. On the right side of the Participant Center home page is the location to modify your personal fundraising goal. Enter your new goal and click Update Goal.
- How do I change my team name, team division or team goal?
Only the team captain has the ability to change the team name or team division. The team captain will need to login to his/her Participant Center and click the "My Team Progress" button on the top right. On the Team Progress page, team captains will have the ability to update the team name, division and goal.
- How can I see who has donated to me?
Login to the site using your Username and Password. Go to your Participant Center and click the "My Progress" tab; this will allow you to view your donor list and any amounts having been donated.
- How can I see who is on my team?
Login to the site using your Username and Password. Go to your Participant Center and click the "Team Progress" tab; this will allow you to view your team roster and the amounts raised by each team member.
- What is a team message?
Simply go to your Participant Center and click the "Update Message to Team" button. This will allow you to make all necessary changes to your team message.
- What is the difference between making my personal page private or public?
By default, a personal page is Public, meaning your name will appear in the participant search list, and anyone accessing the site will be able to support you. Setting your personal page to Private means your name will not appear in the participant search list, and only people you personally invite will be able to support you.
- How do I make my personal page Public?
Log in to the site using your username and password and go to your Participant Center. Update the status of your page in one of two ways, depending on the type of Participant Center you have.
- Classic Participant Center: If your personal page is Private there will be a link in the box on the right that says "Make my donation form public" (and vice versa). Click on the link to change the Public/Private status of your personal page.
- Participant Center 2: Click on Personal Page at the top of the Participant Center. Click Edit, select Private, and click Save.
In your Participant Center, go to the Personal Page tab. Click on Edit to edit your page. Where it says "Personal Page URL and Settings", enter a shortcut. The resulting shortcut URL will be http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/xxx, where xxx is the shortcut you choose. Click the Save button when done.
- Is the fundraising requirement in addition to the registration fee I paid?
The fundraising minimum requirement is in addition to your registration fee. Registration fees offset direct costs of producing the event, so they are not included in your fundraising.
- To whom should my donors make checks payable?
National Multiple Sclerosis Society, National MS Society, or NMSS.
- What if my donor makes a check payable to me?
No problem. Just endorse the back “Payable to NMSS,” sign it, and send it to us.
- Can I submit cash?
For your safety, as well as ours, we would prefer not to receive cash. Please ask your donors to write a check (serves as their receipt at tax time!) or ask them to make an online donation.
- May I mail checks to the Society before the Ride?
Yes! Please fill out a Contribution Submission Form (it is in your fundraising kit) and mail it with your checks to:
- If I mail checks to the Society office in Waltham, will those donors be listed in my online ePledge Report?
Yes, after the donations are processed. In the meantime, you have the ability to enter check contributions into your own account by logging in to the Participant Center. Click on the My Progress button and then on the "Enter Gifts Received Offline" link.
- My donor wants a receipt for their donation? Does the pad of receipts that I have received suffice? Will the Society send a letter to my donor?
The pad of receipts included in your fundraising materials is intended for this purpose. The IRS requires that for donations over $250, the charitable organization send a letter to the donor to confirm that they did not receive any benefits for their donation. In practice, we actually send a letter to every donor of $100 or more.
Bike MS <bike ride name>
National MS Society - Greater New England Chapter
PO Box 845945
Boston, MA 02284-5945